The Order of the Vivandieres
The Military Police Regimental Association’s (MPRA) Order of the Vivandieres was officially established in 2005 to recognize spouses who voluntarily make significant contributions to the morale, welfare and spirit of Soldiers and family members in their units of the Military Police Corps Regiment. The Order of the Vivandieres was announced in September of 2005 during the MP Corps 64th Regimental anniversary week at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Since inception, 330 of these awards have been presented to male and female Spouses across our Regiment. The receipt of this award recognizes their tremendous sacrifice and support for Soldiers and families through volunteerism.
The Military Police Regimental Association’s mission is to promote the history and preserve the traditions of the Military Police Corps Regiment while supporting Military Police Leadership, Soldiers and families Army wide. In keeping with that mission the Order of the Vivandieres symbolizes the historical significance and preserves the traditions of Spouse volunteerism in support of our great Regiment and our Army.
Nominees for the Order of the Vivandieres must
- Be a spouse of a current standard member of the MPRA.
- Be endorsed by a Military Police Colonel or higher (Current Member).
- Have voluntarily made significant contributions to the morale, welfare and spirit of Military Police Soldiers and family members.
Procedures for submission
- Nominations packets are submitted to the MPRA.
- Nominations are approved by the Chief of the Military Police Corps Regiment and the Regimental Command Sergeant Major.
- Nominations must be substantiated based on firsthand knowledge or documented research of nominees significant contributions through volunteerism.
- Nomination packets must contain an application, a narrative, a Military Police Colonel or above endorsement and $35.00 payment to MPRA (cost of engraved medallion and certificate).
- Only nominations for individuals will be accepted. No group nominations will be considered.
MPRA encourages all of its members to help spread the word about this unique award that recognizes outstanding spouses that have played and continue to play such an important part of our Regiment’s success. We are exceptionally proud of our Regiment and equally proud of the many Spouses that have earned their place in our rich history.
Nomination forms can be requested from the Military Police Gift Shop by calling 573-329-5317, sending an email or download here. Completed nomination packets should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 2182
Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473
Not a Current member? Click HERE for Membership application.
DISCLAIMER: You may not be able to access these forms from a Government Computer