The Friend of the Regiment
The Military Police Regimental Association’s (MPRA) Friend of the Regiment Award was officially established in 2018 to recognize individuals who voluntarily make significant contributions to the morale, welfare, and spirit of Soldiers and Family members in various facets of the Military Police Corps Regiment. The Friend of the Regiment Award was announced this past September during the Military Police Corps’ 77th Regimental Anniversary Ball at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. As of 8 March 2019, 6 of these awards have been presented in support of our Regiment. The receipt of this award recognizes their tremendous sacrifice and support for Soldiers and Families through volunteerism.
The Military Police Regimental Association’s mission is to promote the history and preserve the traditions of the Military Police Corps Regiment while supporting Military Police Leadership, Soldiers and Families Army-wide. In keeping with that mission, the Friend of the Regiment Award symbolizes the historical significance and preserves the traditions of individual volunteerism in support of our great Regiment and our Army.
Nominees for the Friend of the Regiment Must
- Be endorsed by a Military Police Lieutenant Colonel or higher (Current MPRA Member).
- Have voluntarily made significant contributions to the morale, welfare, and spirit of Military Police Soldiers and Family Members.
Award Presentation Ceremony
Presentation of the Friend of the Regiment Award will be conducted during very special events such as formal dinners and similar affairs. It should be conducted in a similar fashion to military award presentations. It will be presented by the highest-ranking Military Police Officer or Command Sergeant Major. The Chief of the Regiment reserves the right to present the award in the USAMPS footprint. Requests for a non-MP to present the award must be sent to the Regimental leadership and receive prior approval from the Chief of the Regiment.
Procedures for Submission
- Nominations packets are submitted to the MPRA.
- Nominations are endorsed by the Chief of the Military Police Corps Regiment, Regimental Command Sergeant Major, and Regimental Chief Warrant Officer.
- Nominations must be substantiated based on firsthand knowledge or documented research of nominee’s exceptional dedication, competence, and contribution to the Regiment.
- Nomination packets must contain an application, a narrative, a Military Police Lieutenant Colonel or above endorsement and $50.00 to the MPRA (cost of medallion and certificate).
- Only nominations for individuals will be accepted. No group nominations will be considered.
The MPRA encourages all its members to help spread the word about this unique award that recognizes outstanding and deserving individual who have played and continue to play such an important part in our Regiment’s success. We are exceptionally proud of our Regiment and equally proud of the many Friends of the Regiment who have earned their place in our rich history.
Nomination forms can be requested from the Military Police Gift Shop by calling 573-329-5317, sending an email or download here. Completed nomination packets should be mailed to:
MPRA Friend of the Regiment
P.O. Box 2182
Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473
Not a current member? Click HERE for membership application.
DISCLAIMER: You may not be able to access these forms from a Government Computer