Award Presentation Ceremony
Presentation of the Order of the Marechaussee will be conducted during very special events such as formal dinners and similar affairs. It should be conducted in a similar fashion to military award presentations. It will be presented by the highest ranking Military Police Officer or Command Sergeant Major. The Chief of the Regiment reserves the right to present the award in the USAMPS footprint. Requests for a non-MP to present the award must be sent to the Regimental leadership and receive prior permission from the Chief of the Regiment.
The proper wear of The Order of the Marechaussee as indicated below:
Army Blue Mess or Army White Mess Uniform: The Medal will be worn with the ribbon around the neck, outside the shirt collar and inside the coat collar. The medal should hang at the full length of the ribbon.
Army Service Uniform and White Mess Uniform: The medal will be worn with the ribbon around the neck, outside the shirt collar and inside the coat collar. The medal will hang over the four-in–hand necktie near the collar and above the top button of the coat or just under the bow tie or neck tab near the collar and above the top button of the coat. Proper positioning may necessitate pinning the ribbon together approximately three inches from the ribbon ends.
Civilian Attire: Men will wear the Medal around their neck with the ribbon over the shirt collar and inside the coat collar. Whether it is worn with a bow tie or necktie, the medal should hang at the full length of the ribbon. When the necktie is worn, the medal will hang over the tie.
Women should wear the Medal around their neck, outside the shirt collar and inside the coat collar with the medal hanging the full length of the ribbon.
Procedures for submission
- Nominations packets are submitted to the MPRA.
- Nominations are approved by the Chief of the Military Police Corps Regiment and the Regimental Command Sergeant Major.
- Nominations must be substantiated based on firsthand knowledge or documented research of nominees exceptional dedication, competence, and contribution to the Regiment.
- Nomination packets must contain an application, a narrative, a Military Police Colonel or above endorsement and $50.00 or $70.00 payment to MPRA (cost of bronze or silver medallion and certificate).
- Only nominations for individuals will be accepted. No group nominations will be considered.
MPRA encourages all of its members to help promote these unique Regimental awards that recognize outstanding and deserving members of our Regiment. We are proud to help leaders continue our unparalleled Regimental esprit de corps through the use of this award.
P.O. Box 2182
Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473
Click here to Download Marchaussee Request Form
Not a current member? Click HERE for the Membership Application
DISCLAIMER: You may not be able to access these forms from a Government Computer