The Order of the Vivandieres
The Military Police Regimental Association’s (MPRA) Order of the Vivandieres was officially established in 2005 to recognize spouses who voluntarily make significant contributions to the morale, welfare, and spirit of Soldiers and family members in their units of the Military Police Corps Regiment. The Order of the Vivandieres was announced in September of 2005 during the MP Corps’ 64th Regimental anniversary week at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. As of 22 January 2020, 458 of these awards have been presented to male and female Spouses across our Regiment. The receipt of this award recognizes their tremendous sacrifice and support for Soldiers and Families through volunteerism.
The Military Police Regimental Association’s mission is to promote the history and preserve the traditions of the Military Police Corps Regiment while supporting Military Police Leadership, Soldiers and Families Army-wide. In keeping with that mission, the Order of the Vivandieres symbolizes the historical significance and preserves the traditions of Spouse volunteerism in support of our great Regiment and our Army.
Nominees for the Order of the Vivandieres must
- Be a spouse of a current standard member of the MPRA.
- Be endorsed by a Military Police Colonel or higher (Current MPRA Member).
- Have voluntarily made significant contributions to the morale, welfare, and spirit of Military Police Soldiers and family members.
Procedures for submission
- Nominations packets are submitted to the MPRA.
- Nominations are approved by the Chief of the Military Police Corps Regiment. These are presented by the Chief of the Military Police Corps Regiment, Regimental Command Sergeant Major and Regimental Chief Warrant Officer.
- Nominations must be substantiated based on firsthand knowledge or documented research of nominees significant contributions through volunteerism.
- Nomination packets must contain an application, a narrative, a Military Police Colonel or above endorsement and $35.00 payment to MPRA (cost of engraved medallion, lapel pin and certificate).
- Only nominations for individuals will be accepted. No group nominations will be considered.
The MPRA encourages all of its members to help spread the word about this unique award that recognizes outstanding spouses who have played and continue to play such an important part in our Regiment’s success. We are exceptionally proud of our Regiment and equally proud of the many Spouses who have earned their place in our rich history.
The Vivandieres Request form is available for download below and samples can be requested from the Military Police Gift Shop by calling 573-329-5317 or sending an email to the MPRA Gift Shop or Beth. Completed nomination packets can be emailed in or mailed to:
P.O. Box 2182
Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473
Not a Current member? Click HERE for Membership application.
DISCLAIMER: You may not be able to access these forms from a Government Computer